Benefits of Dancing
Dancing is a unique way to stay fit. It has many benefits for people of all ages, shapes, and sizes. You will be having so much fun while dancing, you won’t be thinking about all the mental and physical benefits that it can have for you.
Here are just a select few of the benefits you could reap:
- Dance is a relatively low impact way to raise your heart rate, this allows you to burn more calories.
Improvement in muscle tone and strength
- Simple, you are getting a little bit of a workout in, so to many newcomers, you will be using muscles that you may not have known were there before!
Better coordination, agility, and flexibility
- Dance can improve your balance and footwork, assist you in coordination since you will be making some quick moves, and will stretch your muscles and joints.
Improved mental functioning
- You will have to remember certain steps to dances and their timing.
Greater self-confidence and self- esteem
- Imagine how confident you would feel, going out with friends after a few lessons and really showing them, you know what you’re doing on the dance floor! You will be able to relax and enjoy yourself instead of being concerned with how you are dancing.
Better social skills
- We know, it can be awkward to get out on the dance floor. Most people who are dancing are first timers! It’s a fun way to meet new people and experience an active form of being social. Dance is an inclusive activity!
Reduce stress and depression
- Stress can be a huge factor in why our bodies become ill or run down. Dance allows you to loosen up mentally and physically, so that you can release that stress from your body!
- Many studies show that exercise increases your endorphins, which will make you happier, thus bringing you more energy.
These just scratch the surfaces of all that dance can do for you. It can be nerve wracking trying a new hobby but grab a friend, a significant other, or just you, and give it a try! We promise you won’t regret it.