Burnout is not as simple as just a lack of motivation. Although that is a large part of it, not everyone experiences burnouts in the same way.
Below are some signs to look for:
- Frequently ill
- Decrease in strength and coordination
- Lack of hunger
- Loss of motivation
- Decrease in concentration
- Increase in anxiety and agitation
- Giving up
- Decreased academic performance
- Interpersonal difficulties
Ballroom Dancers often experience burnout due to the intensity of the training. Dance instructors often spend six days a week in the dance studio and it is imperative to understand the warning signs of students and instructors.